One of your surfer friends discussed with you what his surfing performance was yesterday. He breaks down everything like how far he surfed, the surfing speed, and the tide level when he was surfing. Even he tells precisely how fast his heart was beating. Suddenly, you notice he repeatedly looks at his watch when he talks with you. So, you asked him, “how fancy your watch is!” He replied, “It’s not just a watch; it’s my heartbeat.”
Returning home after discussing with your friend, you just wonder how precisely he monitored his surfing performance. Suddenly, you remembered the last words (it’s not only a watch but my heartbeat) your friend said. So, you turn on your Mac and google cheap surf watch. And the SERPs break down the puzzle of how he explained everything. Now, you decide to purchase a surfing timepiece.
But the heck is- there are a lot of options available online, which make you confused about which one you should choose.
Why Do You Need A Surf Watch?
- A surfing watch is not just a watch, but a complete surfing performance tracker, or more than that.
- Using a watch that comes with a chronograph with lap memory, you can monitor mile splits. Indeed, how far you surfed within a specific time, you can track with the help of a surfing watch.
- Even the GPS on the watch lets you know the right location for surfing. So, you don’t need to hassle to find out the ideal spot for sports.
- Therefore, some watches for surfing come with a tide tracker to track the tide level of the sea in certain spots. You can check the weather condition, wave levels, and surfing speed.
- The Pro surf watches come with ECG that lets you know how fast your heart is beating while you are on the surfboard.
- Another best feature of using a surf timepiece is- it is water-resistant. It means you enjoy every water activity like swimming or surfing wearing the watch with no hesitation. However, we recommend you not to use the surf watch for diving as it’s water-resistant to a max of 100-200m.
- To sum up, a surfing watch is not only a device to monitor your performance. It’s a device that provides all the data you require to master surfing.
Cheap Waterproof Watch For Surfing
let’s check out what they included on the list.
Top 10 best surf watch Review
To keep you free from the hassle, our expert surfers reviewed the cheap surf watch
Timex Ironman Classic 30 comes with a chronograph, countdown timer, multiple alarms, and of course, a lap time- you expect from a surfing watch. With its large display and 5-button, you can easily access its 100-lap stopwatch memory, adjustable alarms, and timer. The 100-hours chronograph with 30-lap memory lets you monitor mile splits to measure your surfing performance.
Therefore, it has multiple alarms to remind you when you need to pick up the surfboard for surfing. Its Indiglo backlight lights up the digits only, not the entire face, which is pleasing to the eye. The Timex watch is water-resistant to 100 m that is ideal for swimming and surfing as well. Besides, its medium size yet stylish look suits everyone.
- Multifunctional watch with shockproof built quality.
- Scratch-resistant display with well designed
- Waterproof even under 100 m of water.
- 30-Lap memory that monitors mile splits.
- Easy to set & use and Long-lasting battery
- The band gets loose easily after using a few years
Casio Men’s ‘G-Shock’ Quartz Resin Sport Watch is another best surf watch for its G-shock technology. It protects your watch from every sort of impact and prolongs its life. Besides, you can take part in all kinds of water activities like surfing and swimming as it is water-resistant to 200 m.
The functions this Casio surf watch includes are a stopwatch function, elapsed & split time mode, timer, and calendar. With its backlight, you can see the digits accurately with no light. For comfortable wearing, this watch comes with resin straps. Indeed, it will be your go-to timepiece for its durability and multi-functionality.
- Protection from rough & tough situations.
- Backlights for viewing time without any light.
- Long-lasting battery with Sun-powered
- Water-resistant under 200 m.
- Easy to read and cool looking.
- The function buttons are not well-labeled
The Casio Men’s G-Shock GW6900 watch features a snazzy LED backlighting and a scratch-proof outer shell. If you are a professional surfer, the G-shock GW6900 will provide a smooth, trouble-free experience. Turns out, the watch can handle all rugged tasks and keep a cool vibe in the end.
When you are outdoors camping and it’s raining outside, you don’t have to think twice before bringing the waterproof watch with you. With a fully functional layout and auto-sync feature, the watch will always notify you before dying out. You will have a power-saving function that lasts for days even there with no solar charging.
- Easy to read display with LED Backlighting
- Water-proof, especially salty waters.
- Atomic Timekeeping.
- World Time and Alarm.
- Solar-powered battery.
- Scratch-proof outer layer.
- These watches don’t come in multiple shapes and sizes.
The Casio Men’s G-7900-3DR watch shapes itself inside a green resin case and offers a durable bracelet. With a water-resistant feature of up to 600 feet, the watch will resist all internal molds or mildew. If you want to go out on a trip or just go surfing, the Casio G-7900 will eliminate all reset time or manual sync problems.
The watch has a solar-powered battery and a long-lasting battery saver mode for optimal performance. However, you will find only the gray color version with manual backlights. Casio Men’s G-7900 has an outer crystal mineral glass that will resist all minor scratches. So, be assured to have an enduring watch that will always move your time with precision.
- Long-lasting solar-powered battery.
- Acrylic Crystal Glass protection.
- Smooth and durable buckle for extra grip.
- Auto Sync time with manual option.
- Long-lasting and lightweight and easy.
- It does not suit the watch for kids as the bracelet is a little big for a youngster
When you want a full-proof watch for surfing, getting a Casio Men’s Solar Sports Combination Watch is a fantastic choice. The watch has a durable outer resin covering that is waterproof and will last for years to come. Then again, the comfortable plastic buckle will make you feel as if the watch is a part of your wrist.
Combined with an alarm system, 2 countdown timers, and a full auto-calendar system, the watch easily fits into any premium category. However, you will find these solar-powered waterproof watches for surfers at a low price. The 100 m water resist feature will undoubtedly be the best companion for a lifeguard or a Marine soldier.
- An auto syncing feature so you don’t have to worry about the time.
- Water-resistant and waterproof up to 100 m.
- Solar-powered, long-lasting battery.
- 1/100 second stopwatch.
- Auto Update time
- The watch lacks a Snooze function for alarms and there is no Second hand
The Rip Curl Men’s Cambridge watch features a sleek Silicone outer shell that acts as a durable water-proof layer. If your heart craves a good surfing time, the Rip curl drifter tide watch will indeed help you all the way. You don’t have to charge the rip curl watch battery even under regular swimming and snorkeling.
The watch is fully waterproof even 330 feet underwater, which is more than enough for a normal surfer. It made the buckle of the watch polycarbonate and has a comfortable silicone rubber strap for maximum comfort. Turns out, Rip Curl also makes cheap women’s tide watches for surfing that feature similar quality and features. The men’s watch is backed with a 5 years warranty and so you don’t have to worry about breaking it for at least 5 years.
- Polycarbonate buckle with comfortable silicone rubber.
- 330 water-resistant outer covering.
- A 5 years manufacturer warranty.
- Up to 30 mm impact resistive.
- Full water protection.
- Mold and mildew proof.
- The watch will not be water-resistive below the 330 ft water level. So, deep-sea divers shouldn’t use this watch for their deep-sea tours.
It has an independent sweep second hand combined with a minute sub-dial.
The Freestyle USA Shark Clip wristwatches with their colorful design make an amazing choice for youngsters and teens. The screw-down bezel of the watch gives it an encaustic look, keeping waterproofing in check. The watch is enclosed in a waterproof mineral dial window that can deal with many swimming or snorkeling.
Because of its fine coloring, the watch hardly loses any color even after years of usage. Your surfing routine will not damage the internal parts or the color of the watch. If the outer glass gets dirty, simply clean it with some alcohol and you are good, you use it again.
- 24 city’s worldwide time zone function.
- Waterproofing Even Under 100 m of water.
- Strong grip Nylon band buckle.
- Colorful design, Strong buckle for surfers.
- Easy to used to read to easy
- The watch will not last for years if you regularly take it for deep-sea diving
The Freestyle Shark Classic Watch is slim, multi-functional, and can handle any day-to-day task. Surfers use it more often because of its simplicity and comfortable rubber buckle. For a good surfing experience under heavy tides, the Freestyle Shark’s water-proof design will indeed push you to your limits.
The watch has a pleasant, flexible handle that will make you feel like nothing is there at all. It will go perfectly with your wetsuit, especially underwater pressure below 50 meters and below. The watch’s battery will last for years to come and you might have to change it once every few years.
- It can handle any tides with maximum pressure control.
- Rubber buckle for extra comfort and grip.
- Water-proof up to 330 ft underwater.
- Long-lasting battery, highly comfortable.
- Simple and slim design.
- The buckle gets broken pretty often and you might have to use some super-glue to fix it.
The Rip Curl Watch churns out some of the best features for any professional surfer. As the name goes, this watch means quality and full premium support for hiking, swimming, surfing, etc. The watch has a mineral dial window and a 40 mm plastic case that blocks all external moisture.
The silicone band buckle fits perfectly on the wrist and comforts. If you are a surfer and you want to ride the biggest waves, the water-proof watch will help you all the way. The mineral glass and the thick 12 mm casing make it a top choice for all rugged tasks.
- 40 mm thick plastic cover for shock resistance.
- Water-proof up to 100 m underwater.
- Silicone band with rubber buckle for comfort.
- Mineral crystal scratch-proof glass.
- Easy to use and long-lasting
- Durable and scratch-proof
- They made this external casing of the watch of plastic and so it is not premium compared to the pricing tag
The Apple Watch Series 5 with its water-resistant feature makes it the best Apple Watch for surfing. When you see an enormous wave, use the optical heart sensor and measure blood pressure just in case. The watch offers some sleek features like an LTPO OLED display, Sapphire crystal glass, ambient light sensor, and more.
Though the water-resistance of the watch is just 50meters, your surfing experience will not degrade at all. Then again, the sapphire crystal scratch resistance feature gives the watch extra durability in even the harshest climates. It also duels as a smartwatch, so you can listen to your favorite music songs surfing on the tides.
- Up to 50m Underwater protection.
- Heart rate sensor.
- Compass support built-in.
- Always on a retina display.
- Durability and toughness
- Scratch proof and Water-proof
- The Apple Watch Series 5 is a little pricey and not open to everyone with a low-budget option.
What To Consider To Get the Right Surf Watch?
Getting the right surf watch has never been easy. The heck is with the preference and feature’s availability. That being said, you may like the watch with its stunning beauty. However, it seems like a wreck while surfing. Keeping both in our mind, we find out a guideline for you, hopefully, this will work.
When it comes to choosing a surf watch, the right trade-off would be a water-resistant watch. This is the foremost feature and you can never avoid it. A good surf watch comes with a good resistance capacity. That being said, it can resist water even though you go underwater for diving. So we will recommend you with such a surfing watch that can withstand underwater up to 50 meters.
This is an ideal depth rating of your surf watch, obviously the more, the better. By the way, having a surf watch up to 50 meters is the minimum range and the maximum depth rate rises to 300 meters. However, this is only fit for sea-divers, so choose the minimum range of depth rate without breaking the bank.
We know you won’t surf alone and your watch is your partner as well. It also faces the same threshold as your surfboard. So getting the most durable bait is a must. So you cannot look for a regular watch rather you should pay respect to your watch as surfing equipment.
The presence of salt in water is a common phenomenon and a surf watch must need to outweigh. Turns out, it stays fit on your wrist, and to do, so you should consider hard-wearing materials, shock-proofing features, and shatterproof crystal objects. Those features will make your watch reliable to wear. Last but not least, the bracelet material plays a significant role.
Record Flawless Surfing Data:
Surfing is a fun game, but some of us are more professional, and they would love to keep data. It motivates them, as they can track the record of how they are improving. Here is why they are ready to spend more money on such features. As a result, they can keep real-life data with the timing, moon phases, and tied graphs. Such a record is pretty useful to us.
Apart from these records, we also love to see how many waves we are passing while surfing and the top speed or distance we have traveled. What good surf watch we can assume, where we won’t see such features?
Track Your Performance:
We have already shared some amazing features of the best watches for surfing. But what happens if they won’t synchronize well to track your performance? Here is why keeping a good watch that tracks your performance is a must. Those performance trackers would be countdown timers, stopwatches, alarms, and many more.
The ocean is a vast place where you may easily get lost. Having a surf watch with GPS tracking can bring you to the shore again. A good map can breeze the surfing than you have expected. To make sure of such rejoice, look for a watch that comes with a GPS feature.
Take You To Different Time Zones:
A real surfer knows while surfing, he may push the boundaries. So a good watch should come up with multiple time zones, so while crossing the nation, he can still track the time. Ocean tourism and getting different time zones are a breeze for surf watch users.
More Smart Features:
If you are ready to invest more bucks on your surf watch and get to see the finest feature, then get set ready with more smart features. These features would be satiate you with certain aspects, for example, you can track your heart rate, easily receive Skype calls using wi-fi or Bluetooth connectivity, and so on. Once you get to see so many features right on your wrist, you will feel blissful and ready to buy, no matter if it costs a lot.
Long-Time Battery Back-up:
The battery life of any smartwatch is something that is the lifeblood of it. Turns out, you want it to revive within quick charge and get to see it remain alive for a long time. The smartwatch with a shorter battery life seems void. So, the best thing is to invest more money to get a handsome battery backup.
What’re the Differences between a Pro Surf Watch and a Regular Watch?
- The differences between a pro surf watch and a conventional watch are huge.
- First off, using a regular timepiece, you can only see the time and date.
- But a pro surfer watch is a complete device that offers a complete overview of your surfing performance and other related data.
- Using a pro surfer watch, you can monitor your surfing performance. Besides, the GPS lets you identify the ideal surfing spots. You can even track the tide level, measure the water temperature, and learn about the weather condition.
- On the other hand, you can’t get these surfing-related data using your traditional watch.
- Some pro-Apple watches integrate a new feature named Dawn Patrol. Using this option, you can track the complete surfing session. It records your full surf states like time, ride length, and wave count. You never get these features in a regular watch.
- Second, it made surf watches of water-resistant materials. So, you can use them to take part in many water activities like surfing and swimming.
- In contrast, there are a few regular watches that hardly come with water-resistant features. It means you can’t use your conventional feature for surfing.
- Indeed, a regular watch just shows you the time and date. But a surf watch provides every data you require to be a master surfer.
Do you want more info about Surfing Watches? Please watch this video here.
Frequently Asked Questions Watches For Surfing
Can you surf with an Apple watch?
An Apple watch comes with every feature like a chronograph with lap memory, performance tracker, GPS, speed tracker, and other features you need. So, you can use it for surfing.
A surfing watch is not just a watch but a device that provides you with every data you need for surfing. Using a cheap surf watch, you can monitor your surfing performance, monitor mile splits, and so on. And the best watches for surfing we included above come with a chronograph, lap timer, and others you expect.
Among them, we recommend the Timex Ironman Classic 30 Full-Size Watch most. Its chronograph with lap-time memory allows you to track your surfing performance. However, you can choose any men’s surfing watch from the list based on your personal preferences.