When you think of wearing a wristwatch, you may feel that wrist watches are for certain ages. But the demand for wristwatches will stay on forever. The fact is the wristwatch is widely worn for more than 100 years. But what are the disadvantages of a wristwatch that people consider? The answer is only fashion and fashion. Let’s talk about it more.
# The starting off using the wristwatch started from world war 1, and from then it was the start of the journey the wristwatch. As the time has gone, the wristwatch got approved to the smartwatch.
The smartwatch is now the first wanted gadget of all. There are kinds of wrist watches in the market, so you have options to pick and use them.
But from 2012, when cell phones were introduced, then the need of the watches started to get less. The reason was with the cell phone you can perform multitask including watching the time. So when people started to use cell phones, they began to stop purchasing wrist watches.
To attract customers, the watch company brought smart wrist watches in the market. Yes, some gadget lovers loved the new wrist watches, but as the watches have disadvantages, the purchase graph was not satisfactory.
What are the disadvantages:
# I know smartwatches was designed to improve and enhance the usage of the smartphones. But you have to know about the bad things about the device you use. This makes your user performance smart. So here are drawbacks of the wristwatches:
- The first disadvantages of the smart wrist watches are the battery life that is limited. Some smartwatches can be used for only 1 day and some for two days. As we all wear the watch from morning to night, it is obvious that we forget to give charge and the result is we have to wear a dead watch in the morning. So, you can’t keep the sleep tracker on as the watch need to recharge the whole night.
- Now nobody really wants a watch actually need a watch. Why? Because our cell phones work as a timepiece for us. That is why wrist watch is getting less important gradually.
- Have you noticed that every wrist watch band is never working fit for any hand? Yes, the band comes too loose or too tight. If you wear a loose watch, then it will slip down, and if it is too tight, you are bound to avoid to wear the watch.
- Though the smartwatches are designed to give accurate information and data especially the apps of fitness and exercise, sometimes the gadget fails to do so. Sometimes it gives 60% accurate info or 100%; there is no surety. So, you cannot depend on the information data fully.
- As the watch is a smartphone, you surely added all your social media accounts. For that, you will receive numerous notifications all day. But in the small screen of the smartwatch, the notifications stay clattered. Your eye has to give extra pressure to read the notifications. So, the small screen is not good for the problematic eye.
- Though a smartwatch wrist watch has all the lucrative features, this gadget is not a recommended gadget. This watch is not a necessary one.
- As the smartwatches run on OS and Android, so you can guess they get outdated in one or two years. So, there is no need to waste so much money on a smartwatch for no reason. Yes, these smartwatches are super expensive.
- Though the smartwatches come in waterproof features, the bands are not. So, when the wristband gets constant water interaction, your watch band may get damaged.
# For some years, people especially young ones have lost interest in wearing the wristwatches. It is for the cell phone. The young ones are tech ones, and they prefer to use cell phones as a timepiece. Though the companies are trying hard to draw attention back to the watches by innovating them into smartwatches, the disadvantages of wrist watch are making the process hard. But they are not giving up. If you ask me till now, wrist watches are considered as the style icon, and personality booster so doesn’t give up on a wristwatch. They are really worth it and collectible pieces.