Though some may think that watches are backdated, or there is no need to watch as we all have a smartphone in the pocket. But agree, or not watches do enlighten your personality and style. Some people have different watches in their collection. Well, we will talk about the collections later, today we will give a brief about how to repair a watch. As watch have different parts, here you will know about fixing different parts when they require.
How to fix a watch that stopped working:
When you have a watch, it is obvious that you will experience a slow or stop working watch. I know this experience is very depressing especially in emergency time. But don’t worry, you can fix the slow or dead watch easily if you know the reason. Let’s look at the common reasons:
- The first reason for a watch to stop work is for a dead battery. Batteries of a watch must have the ability to give support the watch to work smoothly for two years. So, if the battery fails to give that support then that batteries are not good and you have to replace it with a good one. Yes, some factors can cause a problem in your battery life, like if the battery size is small than your watch will stop work soon. If your watch is multifunctional, then your battery power will get drained. So, whatever the reason is, make sure to check your watch battery with a watch technician and do not try to replace the battery on your own. Your action may damage your watch like forever.
- Water is the enemy of the watch. Only a single water drop can stop your watch to work. If your watch gets contact with water, then you may need the watch parts to get a repair or replaced.
- It is obvious that when you use a thing for a long time, the lifespan gets less. So, do your watch, when you have your watch on your hand for long years than physical damage is expected. You have to check with a watch fixer to know how damaged is your watch.
How to remove watch dial
Sometimes you may need to clean the watch dials as they get dirty after long use. For the cleaning or fixing, you have to remove the watch dial. To remove the watch dial, you have to
- Look for the dimple and locate it. With a stem, it is easy to pull out and in.
- When you have found the dimples, you have to press down the dimple with the tweezers.
- Remove the stem when you are pressing down the dimple. The stem will slide out with ease.
- Then you can remove the watch dial and do your cleaning or repairing task.
How to repair watch at home
You will know when you need to fix your watch but try to check the problem if it is fixable at home. By this, you can save some dollars. But you will need some fixing tools to fix the watch. How you can check and fix the watch at home is given below:
- If you have a free wristband, then check the band. It may have broken parts, and you can fix them with ease. Just take a small screwdriver and replace the broken part with new parts.
- Try to replace the wristband with a new one.
- When your watch is not giving the correct time, then you have to know that your battery needs to get replaced. You can get the battery from anywhere. You can easily lift the watch back cover and get rid of the old battery. But make sure the battery is from an authentic shop or else you will have to say goodbye to your watch forever.
Tips to keep your watch good forever
- Make full service of your watch every two to three years.
- Try to maintain the watch parts even you are not wearing them.
- Don’t go for shortcut while repairing watches.
Well, this was a summary of how to repair a watch. I think those who have a watch can follow the article to help themselves while repairing the watch. But do not fix your watch without any fixing knowledge.